Dutch dish: Endive with mashed potatoes, cherry tomatoes and sausage for 4 persons
Endive – 400 gram
Potatoes – 1 kilogram
Cherry tomatoes – 250 gram
Sausages – 4 pieces
Garlic – 1 clove
Rosemary – 1 teaspoon
Cheese – 100 gram
Butter – 100 gram
Milk – 200 ml
1. Peel and slice the potatoes and boil them in hot water together with some rosemary for about 20 minutes.
2. Put the sausages in a pan together with some butter. Bake the sausages for 15 minutes.
3. Slice and dice the garlic, cherry tomatoes and grate the cheese.
4. Boil the milk, add the butter and garlic and stir this around for a while untill the butter is vanished in the milk.
5. Drain the potatoes and mash them together. Add the hot milk from the other pan and mix it up till it’s all smooth.
6. Add the endive in the pan together with the potatoes. Mix it up and add the cherry potatoes and cheese after a while. Spice it up with some salt and pepper.
7. Serve the endive and smashed potatoes with a sausage on top.